10 ways to use feng shui to bring peace and serenity to your home
In my search for peace, I have made my home a place of peace and serenity. I have searched for it all my life. It is an inside job. We each have our own approach to peace and serenity. Peace is within. Feng Shui is a great way to instill the atmosphere you want to call home.
Feng Shui can be used to make the entrance to your home attractive and beautiful. You can turn your home into a sanctuary and most people will feel it when they walk into your home.
1. To make your driveway attractive and beautiful, try planting a jasmine vine that is now in full bloom. The fragrance is magnificent.
2. Hang an angel fountain on the wall or near the front door, and on the other side of the doorway, place a small angel holding a bowl of water with a red camellia or red hibiscus floating in it.
3. Paint the front door a soft, beautiful shade of red. Red is a symbol of welcome and prosperity.
4. Hang a framed bagua mirror over the front door to bring friends and prosperity into your life. The entrance should always be clean, warm and welcoming.
5. Hang a wind chime at the entrance of the door. All of this will make your home a place that welcomes you and your friends to come, visit and refresh yourself.
6. Use Feng Shui in your home to make the interior entrance attractive and beautiful as well. Use as many live plants as possible. Live plants help produce clean, breathable oxygen. No dry fixes please!
7. Choose soft, warm and relaxing colors that suit you.
8. Place a Quan Yin or Buddha or several of them in and around your home if you enjoy them. They mean peace and wisdom.
9. If possible, the windows of your home should face greenery and beauty.
10. Using a special place for meditation and prayer brings a sense of peace to the area that can be palpable.
I’m not saying anything should be out of place, but do strive to maintain a sense of peace, calm, and joy in your home. All this does not happen by chance. It takes study, thought, prayer, meditation, and Feng Shui. The results are worth the time and thought you’ll put into establishing the place you’ll call home.