Honeymoon Vacations: Tips for Deciding on the Perfect Romantic Destination
One of the biggest decisions newlyweds have to make is where to go on their honeymoon and how much money to spend on it. You should be able to enjoy your search. Don’t let it stress you out. Sure, there are plenty of destinations and tons of hotels and resorts to choose from, you can easily narrow down your search. Here are some guidelines for choosing honeymoon vacations.
• As with any vacation, you should always start with the budget. Get an idea of how much money you can afford to spend on your trip. How many days will the trip be? Set a total budget and a daily budget. In addition to suite accommodations and airfare, also consider the price of food, drinks, and entertainment.
• Consider your destination. Exotic beach vacations are very popular these days, in places like the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Mexico, Maldives, Fiji, etc. However, there are still plenty of romantic cities in Europe to consider. You don’t even have to leave the United States. Maybe you can do the Vegas thing or go to Hawaii. How about renting a bungalow in Key West? Or an exciting week in New York? Make a list of the places you and your fiancé want to go and compare prices.
• If you’re having trouble deciding on a specific destination, at least come up with a topic. Is the exotic of the beach for you? Or an exciting city break? What about adventure? Romantic honeymoons in the mountains are always a good idea.
• Honeymoon vacations don’t always have to be in one place. You can always go on a cruise. Azamara Club, Princess, Norwegian and Celebrity cruises offer fantastic honeymoon packages. Today’s cruise ships have spas, butlers, luxury suites and more. You can choose to stay on the ocean most of the time or choose an itinerary with exciting port cities.
• Season and weather may be something to think about. You don’t want to end up feeling uncomfortable in a hot, humid environment, OR in a freezing environment. Even if you plan to spend most of your time indoors, extreme weather could cause disruptions to your travel plans. It may not be the best idea to take a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season, for example.
• Finally, make a list of all the comforts you both want. What can you do without? What is absolutely necessary to have? When comparing honeymoon vacations, look for those that offer all the amenities you need.
Online websites are the go-to resource for newlyweds everywhere. It’s the world’s leading travel site, and it’s where you’re sure to find the best deals on honeymoon vacations. You can research all the destinations that interest you and compare rates and services.