Pets

safe dog food

What are safe foods for your dog to eat? This question can best be answered by your veterinarian. You can also search for this information on the Internet. I have done both activities; My vet has also given me a list of foods to avoid when feeding my pet. Also remember that there are also plants in your house and outside that can also be toxic to your dog. This is the list of foods that your dog should not eat. Remember to teach your children about these foods so that your pet can be safe with all members of your family.

Raw eggs:

especially the white part which contains an enzyme called avidin. This enzyme interferes with the absorption of biotin a “B vitamin”. When this vitamin is low it causes skin and hair problems.

Onions:

It contains a toxic ingredient called thiosulfate. This causes the red blood cells to burst as they circulate through the body, which in turn makes your dog anemic. After eating the onions which can be any shape; dehydrated, raw and even in baby food that is often given to puppies can cause illness. GARLIC also has this ingredient but it is not as toxic

Grapes and Raisins:

It can cause acute kidney failure and eventually death if too many grapes or raisins are consumed.

Mushrooms:

This will depend on whether your dog has eaten any of the poisonous species. Amanita phalloides is the most toxic type of fungus.

Raw Fish:

Most dogs don’t like raw fish, but it contains thiaminases that interfere with vitamin B1.

Lawyers:

This fruit contains Persin, to the extent that all parts of the avocado are toxic to dogs. Giving them diarrhea and vomiting.

Macadamia nuts:

They have a high level of phosphorus which can lead to bladder stones. Most dogs are affected in their hindquarters and have limbs that swell.

rubber:

If it contains xylitol, an artificial sweetener can cause a rapid drop in blood sugar and lead to death.

This food, which is the favorite of many pet owners, is the most toxic.

Chocolate:

Contains theobromine, which is a cardiac stimulator and also has a diuretic effect in dogs. Your dog will not be affected immediately. Symptoms may take several hours to appear.

Cocoa powder, sweet and dark chocolate:

All of these forms of chocolate can be very toxic to your dog to the point of death.

If your dog is experiencing any symptoms that are not normal, start by checking to see if he has eaten anything on this list. Talk to your children or grandchildren to make sure they haven’t given the dog these foods. Call your veterinarian as soon as possible or your emergency veterinary clinic. The sooner your dog receives medical help, the better his chances of survival.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *