Your first nudist outing: where should you go?
So you have decided to try nudism for the first time.
What are you doing now?
If you’re sure you’ll like the nude life and are ready to commit without a second thought, you can join a nude club or book your first nude vacation and jump right into the nude lifestyle.
But what if you’re a little more hesitant? After all, who can blame you? Being a nudist for the first time is a big step for many people.
Maybe you just want to dip your toe in the water, without committing too much at first, so if you decide you don’t like it, you can back out, immediately if you feel like it, without losing anything.
Does that ring a bell? In that case you have two options.
Try a free open day at a nudist site.
Or try a free nude beach.
Of the two options, the first is preferable for the following reasons.
First of all, you will be in a controlled environment, where the club’s rules ensure that hygiene and behavior standards are met. The area will be well protected for privacy and there will be at least basic services. Importantly, you’ll find members to be friendly, open, and welcoming.
The problem is that strip club open days aren’t common, and if one happens, it could be hundreds of miles away. Also, it will be arranged for a particular day and date, which, even if you can do it, can be cold and rainy and not really “naked friendly”. However, they do happen from time to time. Try a regular internet sweep for “naturist club open day” or something similar and see what happens. But don’t hold your breath!
A more realistic option would be to try a nude beach, lake, or swimming hole.
If you go to a nude beach, the first and best advice I can give you is to make sure it is an “official” nude beach (that is, authorized by the authorities). Or it may be just one section of the beach, because while some beaches are nudist, other larger beaches only allow nudity in certain well-marked designated areas. Unless you know what you’re doing, using anything other than an official nude beach can result in embarrassing attention from the law!
Some of the advantages of using a free nudist beach are:
- There will usually be at least one on the coast closest to you.
- They are for free.
- You can visit it whenever you want for as long as you want and then leave whenever you want.
Some of the disadvantages are:
- They are largely unregulated. You may encounter mean, offensive, or inappropriate behavior.
- They are rarely leaked and are accessible to the general public. You can suffer the attentions of voyeurs, voyeurs, outraged citizens (even on official beaches) and similar threats. Also beware of hidden camera sneak who secretly films and then pastes his sordid little videos on the internet. (Tip. To frustrate this ragged guy, place a large beach bag or some other obstruction at his feet when he’s lying down. It prevents you from getting his favorite shot.)
- It can be difficult to make friends with other beach users. (Tip: If this worries you, there are websites like Real Nudist Friends that specialize in connecting you with other nudists. Even if you don’t want to sign up for free, you can still leave a message on one of the free forums.)
- Many of them are difficult to access and do not have any kind of amenities.
It may seem like the cons outweigh the pros and that nude beaches are best avoided, but I’ve pointed out the potential problems for completeness. Rarely will you find all the downsides to a visit to the beach, and most of the time you’ll be hassle-free. Just do your homework on the internet, peruse the beach reports and user reviews, then make your choice.
It is the easiest, most comfortable and cheapest way to take your first nudist steps.
Enjoy them. I guarantee they won’t be the last!